90th WPMA Annual Meeting
October 16-17, 2019
Perry Lane Hotel
Download a meeting package here
In Savannah, Spanish moss-draped squares, historic architecture and a pristine waterfront create the perfect backdrop for our 2019 Annual Meeting. Since this is the WPMA\'s 90th Anniversary your board has selected a city that has been listed as the fourth most visited city in the country.
The city is separated from South Carolina by the Savannah River. It is known for its historic district, antebellum architecture, cobblestone streets and beautiful parks and squares. Savannah will tempt your taste buds with a variety of Low Country dining options.
We have arranged a meeting that has something for everyone.
Hotel - We have been able to negotiate a special low rate of $219 per night for a limited number of guest rooms. This is 4 Star hotel that just opened in June 2018. Please visit www.perrylanehotel.com. If you think you will be able to join us, we strongly urge you to book your guest room ASAP as October is one of the two prime months to visit Savannah. Book your group rate for the WPMA 90th annual meeting reservation here or call (866)912-4008 and mention the WPMA block.
- GEORGIA PORT AUTHORITY - We have been granted a special tour of this facility. The Port of Savannah is the largest single-terminal container facility of its kind in North America. Savannah is also the second busiest US container exporter, being second only to the port of Los Angeles. The port averages 10,000 truck trips in and out of the facility per day.
- DIRTT ENVIRONMENTAL - Build the perfect interior space for what yo need now- and whatever the future brings. Designed to respond to your needs for any space from healthcare to school or office to home life. This is digital construction at its best. We\'re Dirttbags. We have no tiles or no silos. Dirttbags are all in for this mission and we have fun while we\'re on it. There\'s not TGIF. There is no clock watching. At Dirtt we minimize our energy, water and material waste. This will be a unique experience to learn how a company has thrown out the "playbook" and has succeeded by going completely against everything we have been taught.
- GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE - Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation is an American aircraft company that is owned by General Dynamics. It is based in Savannah and employs 13,313 dedicated team members. The company designs, develops, manufacturers, markets, and services business aircraft. They have produced over 2,000 aircraft since 1958. We will have a special tour of a special testing facility.******Due to the fact that this company does work for the US government you MUST be pre-registered no later than September 13, 2019 at 3pm ET.
The business meeting will begin on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 PM Sharp. Doug Cummings, Association President will share decisions that were made by the Board of Directors earlier on Wednesday.
Our roll call will begin at 1:15 pm SHARP! This session is jam packed with information. We ask everyone to please stand, introduce yourself and our company and briefly explain what your company does. We ask you to share the largest problem/challenge that your company faced this year and the SOLUTION implemented to eliminate this challenge. We will record the results to share with members not in attendance. You will have a total of two (2) minutes. Many members have said time and time again that this part of the meeting is often worth the time and expense of attending. Let\'s make this a positive learning experience for all.
WILL THE TALENT WAR EVER END?
We are fortunate to partner with David Harper, Managing Principal of the Advisory Alliance for a special educational session that has been requested by many WPMA members. So many people have called and said "I can\'t find good help, and those I do hire, don\'t want to work." David has designed a session that will address issues raised by members.
- Having difficulty finding, hiring, and retaining quality employees?
- Wondering if times are truly different now?
- Participate in a WPMA members-only survey on hiring and retention challenges. Take the survey here now.
- Learn the results and findings at our Annual Meeting
- Take part in a discussion with fellow members and learn ways to succeed in these challenging times.
- Bring your questions to ask the panel of "real millennials."
We hope to see you there!
Our meeting will provide a number of networking opportunities that you do not want to miss out on.
We also are in the process of arranging a "Mystery Night" that will provide you with some of the true charm that Savannah is known for.
2019 Event Sponsors
Sponsorships allow us to add many special features to the meeting that we would not be able to do without your support. Please review the list of opportunities included with the registration form. Proper recognition will be publicized in several newsletters, the Upcoming Events section of the Website, signage, and publicity at the meeting and in all attendee packages. If you would like more information please call Michelle at the WPMA office at 978-874-5445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for available sponsorships.